Chinese
Color
Orange
Black
Blue
Purple
Green
Deep Blue
Laman Utama
Forum
Fokus
Semasa
Gosip Socmed
Infozon
tularsuara
Search
201
View
0
Reply

[Tempatan] Following SOP the only ‘vaccine’ now

[Copy link]

Author: Channin       Show all posts   Read mode

Author
Post time 22-11-2020 10:00 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
FROM four Covid-19 clusters two weeks ago to 11 clusters recorded today, the Penang government is calling for tighter surveillance on the compliance of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
State local government committee chairman Jagdeep Singh Deo said he had asked both local councils to take stern action against those who failed to comply with the SOPs.
“I want all agencies and frontliners to be firm and strict in ensuring better compliance.
“If there is non-compliance among the public, take action immediately.
“Social distancing and adhering to the SOPs are the only ‘vaccine’ we have right now.
“Nationwide, we have been recording four-digit cases lately.

“I need to remind the people how serious Covid-19 is. This fight cannot be done alone as we need to work together to overcome this.
“The situation is still under control as we have acted swiftly when these clusters were identified by conducting swab tests, ” he said.
The 11 clusters in Penang are Intan, Bayan, Permatang, Alma, the Penang Remand Prison, the Seberang Prai Prison, Tembaga, Assumption, Summer, Rajawali and Seri Pasir.
As of noon yesterday, there have been 1,711 cumulative Covid-19 cases in Penang, of which 255 remain active cases.
Jagdeep said a total of 15,070 people had been tested for Covid-19 from the 11 active clusters as of yesterday.
He told reporters after handing out 65 packs of goodies containing rice, flour, sugar, milk, cooking oil, condiments and other rations to the frontliners stationed at Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort, which has been converted to a quarantine centre for those returning from overseas.
According to Jagdeep, 59 people are still under quarantine at the centre, which has been in operation since July 26.
Another 85 people are housed at another quarantine centre at Bahang Bay Hotel in Teluk Bahang.
Asked if Penang would request for an earlier end to the conditional movement control order (MCO) similar to Terengganu and other states, Jagdeep said the situation in Penang was still being monitored.
“If the Health Ministry feels we need to stick to the conditional MCO, we will not question it.
“We know the economy will suffer and it is a balancing act.
“We must ensure the time is right to lift it.
“I understand that in some other states, they are in the recovery stage with fewer cases, ” he said.
On Nov 7, the government announced that all states in peninsular Malaysia - except for Perlis, Kelantan and Pahang - would be under conditional MCO until Dec 6.
The order is also enforced in affected districts in Sabah.

Reply

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register | Facebook Login

Points Rules

 CARI App
Get it FREE Google play
 Twitter
 Instagram
cari_infonet
FOLLOW
Copyright © 1996-2020 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd All Rights Reserved(483575-W)
Private Cloud provided by IPSERVERONE
Advertise with us
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list